SCHOA refers business partners (vendors); referrals are not recommendations. Here are a few simple rules before obtaining vendor referrals from SCHOA.
- Arizona law requires a contractor to be licensed for all work over $1,000, labor and materials included. Call the Registrar of Contractors at 602-542-1525 or go to www.azroc.gov to see if a contractor is currently licensed.
- If a job is under $1,000, and a permit is not required, an unlicensed business may be used.
- Get three (3) competitive bids.
- Do not hire anyone who comes to the door or calls on the phone without checking with the ROC (item 1) or calling SCHOA at 623-974-4718.
- Do not pay in full until work is completed satisfactorily.
- Have a clear understanding of the contract. Get the warranty in writing and in detail and the contractor’s permit number.
- Satisfactory work or going the extra mile? Contact SCHOA at 623-974-4718 and SCHOA will put this information in the Business Partner’s file. Unsatisfactory work is also recorded when reported.