From SCHOA’s Government Affairs Committee:
- SCHOA continues to advocate on behalf of every home and condo owner in our community in matters of government affairs and utility rates.
- There is a rate case moving with the Arizona Corporation Commission (ACC) regarding EPCOR water rates. There are several scenarios presented in this rate case, including the full consolidation of 11 Water Districts including the Sun City District. SCHOA has historically opposed and continues to oppose forced consolidation.
- Full consolidation would likely result in approximately a 70% increase in water rates in Sun City.
- SCHOA (and others) have intervened in this rate case, and have entered testimony in opposition of any consolidation which includes Sun City District.
- SCHOA encourages every rate payer in our community to contact the ACC and voice opposition to any forced consolidation of our District. Consolidation would result in Sun City effectively subsidizing the other districts despite the costs in our District not justifying such an increase.
For the AZCC website follow this link and reference Dockett # WS-01303A-20-0177.